The Institute is amongst the first and the best interior design colleges in the city, providing a 4 year full time undergraduate course of B.Des (Interior Architecture). The programme focuses on upholding institute objectives by encouraging and growing innovation and creativity of student helping them channel it into a more professional defined form.
Helping a student grow in terms of knowledge in design process and historical and contextual referencing, illustration skills, presentation techniques and portfolio building, emphasis is placed on professional practice to ensure growth in the professional attitude of students.
- The discipline of Interior Architecture has been designed to offer students specialization in a wide range of concepts and techniques in organizing, planning and managing interiors of various living spaces by analyzing and understanding the customer's functioning and needs.
- The course aims to educate students about the techniques and the art of converting artistic expertise and creativity in beautifying living spaces and working on the space planning and functioning.
- The Interior Architecture discipline encourages students to cultivate a strong understanding of the basics, which promotes anticipation of the future.
- The course comprises of theory, theory cum studio and studio subjects. Out of which more hours will be dedicated and emphasis is given to studio and theory cum studio subjects.
- The program aims to develop student's ability to conceptualize, plan, design, and detail the functional and aesthetical interior spaces ranging from small residential spaces to large commercial spaces.
- Highlight the importance of a strong foundation, by imparting thorough knowledge of basics.
- Inculcate knowledge of the history of design and it's legacy in the country, thereby allowing it to inspire students.
- Enhance creativity of students by exposure through informative educational visits and joint studio programs with international colleges.
- Allow students to bend common industry rules helping them create a positive impactful and unique mark of their own.
- Develop a student into a professional, capable of withstanding and exceeding, expectations and demands of the design industry with full confidence and ample competence.